NORTH AMERICA SEKISUI HOUSE, LLC (NASH) is a leading U.S. developer of master-planned
communities with a uniquely enlightened building philosophy.
NASH is a wholly owned subsidiary of SEKISUI HOUSE, LTD, Japan’s largest homebuilder. For more than 50 years, SEKISUI HOUSE has been building homes and communities in Japan and throughout the world, with an international reputation for innovative technologies, precise building techniques and eco-friendly homes of the highest quality.
At NASH, we share our parent company’s philosophy of creating environmentally sound communities based on long-held traditions of maintaining ecological balance and sustaining asset appreciation. Our expertise, coupled with our solid performance record, ensures that our projects bring enduring satisfaction and substantial returns for our communities’ residents, neighbors and surrounding institutions, as well as for our company partners.
We believe that prosperity and sustainability are integrally connected. As leaders in environmental design, NASH creates communities that blend mindful planning with design excellence for a dynamic mix of innovation, sustainability and superior quality. We create communities that are vibrant and connected, communities that last for generation after generation, communities that are full of life.
Headquartered in Arlington, Va., NASH is currently invested in land opportunities and developing communities from coast to coast across the United States.
Sekisui House Ltd. Heritage Timeline
Always looking forward.
At Sekisui House Ltd., when we originally began building in 1960, we didn’t realize we were setting out on a very successful 50 year journey — building more than 2 million homes on the way. Our two-pronged focus, keeping customers first and quality first, has been instrumental in this achievement.
We set our sights high, however. And since those early days, we’ve grown a great deal. We can now boast five centers for manufacturing and quality control across Japan, as well as a comprehensive Housing Research & Development Institute in Kyoto. We currently have more than 15,000 employees working under our banner. And we enjoy subsidiaries and affiliates with over 100 companies across the globe.
Today, Sekisui House is a comprehensive home builder and community developer with an international reputation for our innovative technologies, precise building techniques, and eco-friendly houses of the highest quality.
SEKISUI HOUSE CORPORATE ACHIEVEMENTS
- Company incorporated in Japan
- Stock listed on Tokyo Stock Exchange and Osaka Stock Exchange
- Housing Research & Development Institute opened in Kyoto
- Built total reaches one million dwellings across Japan
- Common City Hoshida community awarded Cityscape Grand Prix of the Year
- Awarded prize by International Council for Caring Communities
- Announced the Environmental Future Plan
- Trading of sponsored American Depositary Receipts (ADRs) begun
- “Gohon no Ki” landscaping and gardening concept introduced for Biodiversity Conservation
- All Sekisui House Centers for Manufacturing and Quality Control in Japan certified under the ISO 14001 environmental standard
- All Sekisui House Centers for Manufacturing and Quality Control achieve zero emission status
- Sekisui House makes next generation energy saving features standard for all newly built detached homes
- Received the Energy Conservation Center Japan Award
- Sekisui House declares its commitment and investment into sustainability across its operations
- Zero emission status achieved at new housing construction sites in Japan
- Sekisui House announces community development principles in Urban Development Charter
- Presented award for responses to Global Warming by the Japanese Minister of Environment
- Zero Emission status achieved at home remodeling sites
- Sekisui House forms international business department
- Sekisui House expands to Australia
- Carbon Neutral Housing goes to market in Japan
- Sekisui House collaborates in the construction of the “Zero Emission House” for the G8 Hokkaido Toyako Summit
- Certified by the Japanese Environment Ministry as the housing and construction industry’s first “Eco First Company”
- Acquisition of three major sites in Australia for community development and urban redevelopment
- Green First Housing (with reduced C02 footprint} goes to market in Japan
- Sekisui House celebrates its 50 Year Anniversary
- Two million dwellings built across the operations of Sekisui House in Japan
- Sekisui House Australia acquires AV Jennings Contract Homes division
- Sekisui House Australia signs business alliance agreement with Lend Lease
- Sekisui House expands to China
- Sekisui House expands to North America with establishment of North America Sekisui House, LLC (NASH)
- NASH acquires Cinco Ranch Northwest property in Texas in joint venture with Newland Communities
- NASH acquires One Loudoun property in Virginia in joint venture with Miller & Smith
- Sekisui House launches a factory for metal frame houses in Shenyang, China
- Sekisui House expands to Singapore in joint venture with two major developers, Far East Organization and Frasers Centrepoint, to develop Hougang and Punggol, two urban projects in central Singapore
- NASH acquires Tehaleh property in Washington State in joint venture with Newland Communities
- NASH acquires interests in operating portfolio comprised of 28 master-planned communities in 15 markets in 11 states, in joint venture with Newland Communities
- NASH acquires Embrey Mill property in northern Virginia in joint venture with Newland Communities
- NASH announces home building joint venture with Miller & Smith for the Downtown Collection at One Loudoun
- NASH joint venture communities launch sales at One Loudoun (Loudoun County, VA), Cinco Ranch Northwest (Houston, TX), Tehaleh (Puget Sound, WA), and Waterset (Tampa, FL), and commercial development vertical construction begins at One Loudoun